In the city my college is located, we have a delicious vegan cafe called "Strong Hearts." I'll go with my friends to get the fantastic milkshakes when we feel stressed out from class. They also have such an amazing "fake chicken salad" that costs much more than it should. So Shaina and I went out to make the meal from scratch. Not only did it fill me up, but for about $17, I got 4 lunches out of it! I plan on making this all the time.
-Carrots and Celery by the stalk
-Optional: Celery Seed
1. Chop up seitan into very thin bits. Think the size of the pieces in actual chicken salad
2. Julienne and chop up carrots and celery into small chunks. Combine seitan and veggies in a bowl.
3. Spoon veganaise into the mixture slowly. Taste test and continue to add until you enjoy the ratio.
4. Add in salt/pepper/celery seed.
5. Serve alone or in a sandwich! Store the rest into a container for tomorrow...if it lasts that long.