Sunday, July 24, 2011

F-Factor

It's pretty well advertised that most Americans don't get enough of the fiber they need. Actually, many people living in developed nations have this problem. Personally, being a vegetarian, I'm spending so much time making sure I'm getting enough protein and iron in my diet, that I'll often forget about fiber.

Now it's well known that fruits and vegetables provide great amounts of fiber. Apples have something called pectin which is a soluble fiber that keeps you feeling full and digests slowly. Broccoli and carrots are great daily snacks that you can eat with ranch dressing or hummus, but they also provide around 5 grams of fiber. You can also start your mornings with a healthy cereal (no, Cookie Crisp doesn't count, guys).

But still, regardless of your efforts, it's hard to keep up with a proper eating routine and some days you wont reach your necessary intake. So I'm here to introduce you to something that has helped me out A LOT.
Need I say more? 72% of your DAILY FIBER INTAKE!!
(oh...and only 70 calories per serving.)

So I'm not here to lie to you and say, "oh it tastes just like Kashi!" because it doesn't. While Kashi cereals are wonderful ways to start your day, this is much more healthy tasting, but I actually really enjoy that. I like the way my body feels when I take each bite. Plus, you can add some fruit or some Splenda to it to kick it up a notch. 

Adding this great item a couple times a week to your nutrition plan can assist your quest to fulfilling fiber needs. Try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment