Saturday, July 16, 2011

Green Monster Smoothie

Oh wow...I think I just had a revelation.

I know I get my fruits and veggies in more than the average person, but when you try to count up all the servings you're supposed to have each day, it can get overwhelming. And, well being very into cooking, I'm always looking for yummy new things to make to incorporate my greens.

Well, I stumbled upon this Youtube "vlogger" a week ago that offered this great concept: DRINK your veggies! Sort of like a V8, except what I'm about to propose is literally an organic garden sitting right on your taste buds. It's called the Green Monster. Roarrrr.

While I halved the portion of the original recipe, this bad boy has approximately 3 servings of fruits and veggies, a mere 30 grams of cars, 11 grams of great fat, and 3 grams of protein. And trust me, this drink is filling, but only about 150 calories!


And also, I know the idea of this smoothie will turn some people off, but please don't knock it until you try it.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of filtered water
  • .5 organic granny smith apple
  • a handful of fresh parsley
  • 3 stalks of celery
  • 3 romaine lettuce leaves
  • one fourth of an avocado
  • half a lemon
Preparation:
  1. Put the water into the blender first.
  2. Put all the ingredients into the blender according to the ingredient list.
  3. Blend.
  4. Drink.
Oh my lord, its a salad in a bottle.

To define the taste, it would be fresh. It's not overly sweet like a fruit smoothie, but it's absolutely drinkable. I slurped it just as fast as any other smoothie I'd drink; there was no nasty flavor or aftertaste. I am going to be making this every week. The benefits for your digestive track is insane. Hopefully you work up the courage to try it!

And no, it's not expensive. I spent less than $12 on the ingredients and that is enough for 4 smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment