Thursday, July 7, 2011

Screw Starbucks

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love my Tazo teas. If you've never tried a Passion iced tea lemonade (unsweetened or sweetened), you haven't lived. But I also find that when buying anything from Starbucks, you're paying more for the cup and logo rather than the drink itself. 

So I recommend making this popular drink at home to save some money!
Go to Whole Foods or Fairway, or any store that sells Tazo teas. I love getting the assorted pack because while I do love my green tea, having plenty of yummy flavors to choose from is always nice. 

Instructions:
1. Put 1 packet of Splenda, sugar, or Truvia into a long glass. 
2. fill with 5-7 ice cubes.
3. Place the Passion tea bag into the glass.
4. Fill with chilled and distilled water (such a great rhymer).
5. Mix with a straw to get the sweetness up from the bottom and the tea flavors down from the top. 
6. While I didn't do this step, you can add in a very small amount of lemonade to add another sweet flavor to the tea. Not a necessary step. 


I love it so much that I just keep putting water in it so I never reach the bottom of the glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment