For those not on a diet, carry on.
- 1 stick of butter, plus a pad for greasing
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (so yes, you're using 4 eggs, but not 2 egg whites)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. sifted flour
- cocoa powder
1. Grease the ramekins with a little pad of butter
2. With cocoa powder, line the ramekin. This will allow the complete ramekin to not be lined by white flour and will also give more chocolate flavor.
3. Once complete, place the ramekins on a cookie sheet.
4. Now it's time to melt the dark chocolate and butter. Use a double broiler. If you're like me and don't own a double broiler, google how to substitute a double broiler.
5. While that's melting, mix together the eggs, yolks, and sugar.
6. Gradually drizzle in the melted butter and chocolate with the eggs and sugar mixture.
7. Gradually add 2 tablespoons of sifted flour.
8. Now that the ingredients are all together, place even amounts into the ramekin.
9. Bake for EXACTLY 7 minutes at 450 degrees. You're going to look at the cake in the oven and say, "hmm, it looks like it needs another minute." NO! Any more, the center will not be molten! It will taste like a chocolate cooked through cake...good...but not lava cake!
10. Let cool for a minute and then take a knife to go around the ramekin. This will help the cake come out easily.
11. Decorate and serve!
Guys love these recipes, so make it for a loved one!