...I'm going to be doing a lot baking.
This "inside-out" carrot cake recipe is a must. I'm quite the fan of carrot cake, so switching up into a cookie sandwich recipe was an intriguing new idea. Beware, they're addicting. I'm eating one as I type...nom.
- 1 1/8 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted softened butter
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- around 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter or spray your baking sheets
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add in the carrots, nuts, and raisins at low speed.
5. Slowly add in your dry ingredients until batter in mixed.
6. Get a spoon and create even size cookies on the baking sheet.
7. Put into the oven for about 10 minutes (since carrot cake is best when it's not dried out).
8. While they are cooking, mix together the cream cheese (best if at room temperature) and honey.
Recipe adopted from here!