Wednesday, May 18, 2011

YAY I'M FREE!

Everyone knows the feeling of finishing their last final exam. It was an unfortunate truth that I had 3 research papers, 1 graphic design project, and one in-class exam. No big deal right? Yeah...except my sister's graduation was the week before everything was due so I HAD to finish early!! So after writing practically a novel and spending the weekend in Georgia for the graduation, I'm finally home. 


So am I excited to be home? Well, leaving college this year was difficult since I had the time of my life and I miss everyone...but I love catching up with my friends-they make my town worthwhile. And I'm one of those people with a really close extended family so that's definitely a highlight. But OMG. Being able to bake and cook for myself is so rejuvenating!


As you can see, I didn't waste any time.

For my first breakfast, I made my version of an egg sandwich. Check out the recipe if you're interested.

Egg White Mediterranean Open Sandwich

Ingredients:
  • fresh bread (like ciabatta, sourdough, whole grain)
  • 2 eggs (yolks removed)
  • fresh mozzarella cheese
  • cherry tomatoes
  • salsa
  • fresh basil
  • crispy onion topping
  • salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
  1. While heating your buttered or oiled skillet on the stove top, begin toasting your bread of choice. I personally love my bread burnt...weird? Probably.
  2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and cut off 2 or 3 slices of mozzarella cheese. 
  3. On low heat, cook the egg whites until they're to your liking.
  4. When the bread is done, put a layer of salsa on it. Then place the cheese down. Then the hot eggs (that will melt the cheese mmm). After, you can put all of your toppings on (the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, crispy onion bites if you have them, and etc.)
  5. Sit down. Take a bite. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment