Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Low Cal. Strawberry Smoothie



I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to drink calories. I only drink water (with/without crystal light). But I decided it was a gorgeous day and I should make this. It came out delish and refreshing. And its super healthy, basically made of fiber and antioxidants. Here’s the recipe:

Gather:
  • 3/4 cups of fresh strawberries
  • 1 huge handful of ice
  • 1 splenda packet
  • a squirt of lemon juice (or fresh lemon)
  • ground flaxseed
  • 1 tablespoon of chobani greek yogurt (or any yogurt…I’m sure this is optional, but I felt like adding some protein)
Whatchagottadois:
  1.  Put everything into the blender, make sure the ice is on the bottom so it blends.
  2. Once you have your smoothie, taste it to make sure you like it. You can always add more of any ingredient if you think something is missing.
  3. Drink and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment